Living the Lie


I was wondering for more than an hour, confused a propos what to name this post as!!
Eventually I decided that this would be the apt title for it.
If you look up the word “lie” in wiki, you would find diversified kinds of lies! But as far as this topic is concerned, I only muse upon the masks we wear on our day by day chronicle of life.
I was very much worried with myself for having to live multiple lives almost everyday.
Just then “Dexter” came along. If at all, there is one ‘close to the real life’ show on TV, this would be it. Only then it struck me, that not only ‘me’, but each soul in this world has the compulsion to put on masks just to continue their existence in this rapidly evolving world of ours.
Why do we wear these masks? Is it to make others around us happy? Are we such ‘good good’ people who wear these masks with utmost difficulty, just to see smiles amongst the people we spend time with? I really doubt it! Masks are the only things which make us ‘civilized’ human beings in this world. If a person ever has a chance to live by instinct,
there is absolutely no qualm that his entire way of living would turn on its head!
Is wearing a mask bad? I still don’t have an answer for it. And I am pretty sure I would never find it. But still, this is the question which keeps ringing in my mind! Till I find it, I will continue Living the Lie!

0 comments:

Followers

Analytics